Wednesday, January 18, 2006

4 Days...

Five minutes to go in the final period. Team Liberal had been down 4-1 at the start of the third, but have rallied to put another one in to bring the score within reach (Ok, it may have been an errant pass that went in off an opponents skate, but who's complaining? We'll take it).

That's pretty much how I read the polls. If I took the time to think about it more, I could probably come up with an analogy about a goal being called back after review... and that might be likened to Harper's desperate grab for the tit at the press conference where he asked voters not to be afraid of a Conservative majority.

That has to be one of the strangest open appeals to an electorate from a politician that I can recall, rivalled only by Jack Layton's own adolescent pawing for the soft Liberal vote to go his way.

Either way, I'm guessing that those are both key moments we'll be looking back at after the election... maybe that and Harper's bizarro "Ich bin ein Torontonian" thing he has happening today... What up with that?? Oh yeah, forgot, will say anything for votes.
01/18/06 Ok, I should mention that I know he was born and raised in Toronto, his politics weren't though.


Paul Martin may not be at his slickest right now (Ok, I like the guy, but I'm not sure slick is a term that ever even applied to him... he's more like my Dad in that sense), but I think his fumbles at least have that honestness about them; if he were really trying to sell snake oil, or if he could, he's sound more like Stephen Harper.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home