Monday, February 06, 2006

Hypocrisy

Ok, that's the first time I've spelled that word right today; you'll have to forgive me, I haven't had the chance to use it so much until this morning.

It's almost astounding to see the Conservative faithful come together in defense of what has to be the most shameless abandonment of principles we've seen in Canadian politics since McGuinty's Ontario gov't forgot who voted for them.

So, the party that espoused only elected Senate members and cried foul at "floor crossing" is now benefiting from the use of both.

I'm not surprised; this is why I campaigned for the Liberal party in my riding.

Am I surprised that the rabid conservatives are closing ranks on this? Nope, it comes with the territory.

Almost makes you wonder if Harper is trying to bait the opposition into trying to cut down his minority early... Like maybe he feels he could turn the tables to his advantage?

It would make sense; only the politically savvy will really care about these kinds of lapses, egregious as they are.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think it's going to die down quick, but we'll see.

I think Andrew Coyne should become a political strategist; he seems to have nailed the way to handle this issue right off the bat.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home