Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More Respect? Ok.

It's probably that "being from Ontario" thing again, but I seem to be missing the point of these polls: 60 per cent of Albertans don't think the rest of Canada gives the province the respect it deserves.

Well, what do they want this respect to be in the form of? The poll says that 40 per cent of Albertans feel the province has more influence natonally... isn't that enough?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against them getting more respect; I'm all for it... I just don't understand what they're asking for.

Is it the triple-E senate thing? More CBC coverage of the Stampede? Should we just grovel more? How about moving the capital out to Calgary?

If it's about the "lucky Alberta" thing, we can work on that too; hey, good work having your province situated on top an immense supply of one of the most valuable natural resources! (and a shout out to Newfoundland and Labrador for following your lead!)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home