Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Leadership Questionnaire

In an effort to do something remotely relevant with this blog of mine, I am conducting a leadership questionnaire. It's like an interview or debate of sorts, for the Liberal leadership candidates.

I have created a list of six basic questions, which will be sent out to all of the leadership teams/candidates. Everyone receives the same questions. The responses will be posted on my blog as they are received back, unedited (OK, if a spelling error should get through, I'd correct it... if I catch it). I'll probably wait to post until I have received back at least a few responses.

They will not be critiqued by myself. Comments on my blog are moderated, so I will only allow relevant and respectful commentary. I will not include any comments from known or suspected blogging Tories. I just don't think they should have any input into our party's leadership race. (I do not allow anonymous comments either). All responses from candidates or their teams will be posted.

I'd be interested to hear what other bloggers think, of the idea, or of the questions themselves.

The Questions:

1. Why do you think the Liberal party is in the position it is now, having lost a majority, and then a minority government?

2. How do you envision being able to help bring Canadians back to the Liberal party, and in doing so giving it a greater grassroots support base?

3. What is your greatest strength as a leader? What would your leadership style be? (i.e., in dealing with the press)

4. What are your thoughts or ideas on how the federal government should address regionalism in Canada? (i.e., Western alienation, Quebec Separatism)

5. What do you think Canada’s ideal role is in the international community?

6. Anything you’d like to add?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home