Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Multiculturalism

Before Harper's speech in Vancouver yesterday, I was begining to wonder if the CPC was going to be adopting the stance that multiculturalism has failed. If you were to judge by the opinion that seems to predominate the conservative bloggers, it would seem that the party's supporters feel that way. (links here, here, here, here, here)

I wonder if this is going to be one of those areas where they'll want to make changes that put their conservative stamp on the nation... maybe this is the kind of policy re-shaping they'll save for the majority they're hoping to form.

I wonder how Canadians will react? honestly, I'd expect that most would voice support for our system, but now terror has been added to the mix. Who knows... I was surprised there existed so much opposition to same sex marriage.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home