Thursday, August 10, 2006

The dog days of summer ate my blog...

...no great loss.

Seriously though, where has the summer gone?

I have been wanting to mention what a really good time I had getting out and meeting other bloggers at the Progressive bloggers get together in Guelph. Shoshana and her husband provided a great meal, and the company all around was excellent. Much as I enjoy reading other blogs and news on the web, it is nicer to meet the people out there on the nodes.

Speaking of blogging, I caught Warren Kinsella's bit (h/t to Cerberus). My take: Blogging is just another novel way for people to communicate using the web, so doesn't it stand to reason that it will be host to both the "demented vanity press types" along with others who will utilize this medium with the utmost deftness, and including every possible position on gradient in between? Still won't replace the newspaper as far as I'm concerned... at least not for a while.

I've been given reason to hope that Stephane Dion may submit a response to my leadership questionnaire... stay tuned (but breathe normally... I've been waiting a while).

Missed the opportunity to see Bob Rae speak at UofT about his foreign policy platform; it's that day-job thing getting in the way of my politics again. I'm told it was excellent... I'll have to settle for the hardcopy (from his site).

I did get to catch the end of the Michael Ignatieff talk in Burlington this evening; I think his supporters will be pleased with the way the elucidated his position on the crisis in Lebanon (provided the press picks it up), and his vision of Canada's role in the world. I wouldn't be able to do it justice here, but I can say I was impressed with how he made it clear that Canada doesn't have to take sides in that conflict (and was unequivocal that not taking sides does not mean supporting a terrorist organization), but rather we need to help find the peaceful solution, as further conflict doesn't do Lebanon or Israel any good.

That NationStates game I mentioned in my last post falls way short of being the kind of fascinating global political simulation I was hoping it would be, but that hasn't stopped me from trying to build Wikistan into a regional power. Pro Pelle Cutem!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home