Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Monday

It's lunchtime and I'm eating my wife's leftover cooking from Saturday night (still delicious), and I'm thinking things about stuff.

This is already getting to be old news, but are the RCMP going to do anything about this? I'm just wondering is all. Hey, if they're waiting for an election to be called and get underway before they hold a press conference to announce their investigation, then that's just fine by me.

Any chance that the Liberal party is going to come out against deep integration? Is this our wedge issue?

How does it sit with Conservative Albertans (not including bloggers) that Stephen Harper gave away the farm to Quebec in the budget? I'll still haven't heard the kind of uproar I was expecting... are they willing to look the other way on this? I'd have expected to see a poll by now (did I miss it?).

Personally, I think we need to have some sort of i.d. check at polling stations. Yes we've got a great system, but it is so vulnerable to abuse. I've scrutineered enough to have seen that. While I agree that this could be the opening for governments to try and disenfranchise the marginalized voters, but truth is that any government that wants to try to do so in Canada would face a tough slog.

Perhaps we should be just making sure that all citizens have adequate id? Either that, or we have a system that can keep track of who says they voted after the fact, and cross reference with other government databases that keep track of the population. I don't think this is out of line considering the technology at our disposal.

Good point Bob.

Hey, "Take off, eh?" is now 100% Bourque free. Enjoy.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home