Saturday, September 29, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...*snore*...wha...I'm awake, I'm AWAKE

Took a bit of a political nap at the end of the summer... it was a nice break, although I was disappointed to have missed the Southern Ontario Prog-Blogger get together.
*
I've go my sign up in support of Marianne Meed Ward in Burlington.

*
With the prospect of a Federal election coming up, it occurred to me that I had attempted a contest last spring. Ktr seems to have come closest to winning that, predicting that the next Fed election would be March of 2008. Er, ktr, if you're still out there, send me an email to collect your prize.

Meanwhile, I'm not liking our side's chances if the internal squabbling keeps up, but then we'll have to wait and see, eh?

From what little I've heard from the news and pundits, I think the call for Dion to dismiss his aide were a little over the top. That said, when the optics started to get negative, there needed to be some more careful handling of the situation, which seemed to spin out of control.

*
Wow, with such a nifty surplus, we really have to point out to anyone who isn't already aware that the miserly Harper regime had made an ideological choice in cutting funding to the Status of Women Canada. I caught a bit about this in the news recently, but it really isn't enough... this is one issue they should be getting hammered with, instead of letting them off the hook.

Labels: , , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home