Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday shit disturbing


Probably not the time to be asking this question, but what is the status of the Chretienite-Martinite feud these days?


I would have thought (naively, it seems) that all that would have subsided and started to scab over after Stephane Dion won the leadership. Bygones and all, yadda, yadda, let's get on with defeating the CPC.


But in reading The War Room, by Warren Kinsella, it's clear that there are still some lingering divisions out there. So, to what extent are the "swaggering yobs" still part of the mix?


When I joined in 2005, I was unaware of all but the most recent infighting. I saw what the average person saw on the news. Between reading Lawrence Martin's Iron Man and Kinsella's latest (I haven't even got to Chretien's latest yet), I've been getting filled in on the history of this dissension within the Liberals.


And why are passionate talented Liberals like Warren and Sheila still on the outside? My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Stephane would do well to extend a few olive branches to some such Liberals (or former Liberals).

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home